At Spotlight you can find everything you need to create, decorate and celebrate! With quality products at great prices and passionate service you can count on, you can create inspiration everyday at Spotlight.
HOW TO CHOOSE Knitting yarn
1. Yarn selection
• Select colours that will suit the wearer
• Choose a yarn that will work for the end product
• Check care instructions for washing
TIP: Always knit a tension square before starting the project to ensure the finished article will come out to the correct size
• Select yarns that will stand up to the wear they will get
• If the article will need to be laundered frequently check that it can be machine-washed
TIP: Some people find certain fibre types irritate the skin, so check before knitting
3. Pattern selection
• Always measure the wearer before selecting the size to knit
• Use the correct pattern for the yarn, substituting yarns often does not work
• Alter needle size used to get correct tension if necessary
TIP: Read the complete pattern through before starting so that all the abbreviations and understood and you have all the equipment needed to finish the garment
Be inspired with our extensive yarn collections, highlighted with more than 1,000 different yarns specially selected from Australia, Turkey, Italy and Asia. Many of our yarns are made from beautiful, natural fibres such as wool, cashmere, soya, milk and bamboo, and come in a huge range of colour palettes to suit your home or personality.