Spotlight Pty Ltd (Spotlight) respects the privacy of individuals by treating all personal information as confidential and by handling it in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 and the National Privacy Principles.
During the course of its activities, Spotlight will collect, use and disclose personal information from:
- Customers who visit Spotlight Stores;
- Members of the Spotlight VIP Club;
- Customers of the Shop-At-Home Service;
- Visitors to and users of our website, including the Spotlight Inspiration Room section of our website;
- Members of The Kids Club;
- Customers who enter trade promotions conducted by Spotlight; and
- Customers who register gift card details
Use and disclosure of information collected by Spotlight:
The information collected may include:
- Details you provide us with when you visit our stores or enter our trade promotions;
- Your name, postal address, telephone number and email address from members of the VIP Club, trade promotion entrants and gift card registrants;
- Your name, mailing address, phone number and credit card information from Customers of the Shop-At-Home Service;
- Details of website usage from visitors to our website; and
- Details you provide us with for Kids Club membership/s.
Spotlight collects this information in the following ways:
- when you submit your VIP Club registration form;
- when you place an order via the Shop-At-Home Service;
- when you submit The Kids Club application form;
- when you provide us with information at one of our stores;
- when you enter a trade promotion;
- when you register a gift card;
- and on an on-going basis, whenever you visit or use Spotlight's website, including the Inspiration Room section.
Spotlight shares the information collected from Customers, VIP Club members and visitors to the website within the Spotlight Group.
Spotlight may use your information to process your transaction; administer your account; conduct credit and other checks; for Spotlight's own internal purposes (such as risk management, staff training and billing); to help Spotlight develop its website to be more specific to Customers' needs and user friendly; to advise you about upcoming sales, specials, events, trade promotions and VIP Club information; to manage your gift card balance; and for any other use which you authorise.
In addition, Spotlight may also use your information to promote and market its products and services, or the products and services of others. However, Spotlight will not do this by email or SMS (except as part of an email which facilitates, completes or confirms a transaction with you) unless we have your consent to do so.
These emails and SMS will include an "unsubscribe" facility. Alternatively, if you no longer wish to receive emails or SMS, you can contact us by phoning our Customer Care Centre details of which are available on the Contact Us page of our website.
Security of your Information:
We use industry-standard safeguards to ensure the confidentiality of your personal information. To the maximum extent permitted by law, however, we accept no responsibility for any loss, misuse, unauthorised access or disclosure, alteration or destruction of personal information which you submit to Spotlight.
Access to your information:
Updates to your information:
If your information changes or you discover that information held by Spotlight is otherwise incorrect, please contact Spotlight by sending a message to us via our Contact Us form, or by calling our Customer Care Centre, details of which can also be found on the Feedback page of our website, and Spotlight will endeavour to update and correct the information. Spotlight may also contact you from time to time to check that your information is still accurate.
Changes to our policy:
Spotlight's handling of any information it collects from you (including information previously collected) will be governed by the most current version of this policy. Please check this policy regularly.
You can contact Spotlight by visiting the Contact Us page on our website.